Bachelor of Engineering
Direct Second year Engineering Admissions 2019-20
Intake : 120 Seats
Intake : 60 Seats
Electronics and Telecommunication
Intake : 120 Seats
Intake : 60 Seats
|Advertisement||Entrance Test||Session begins|
|June 15th ‘19||June 4rd week||last week of July or 1st week of Aug’19|
Institute reserves the right to reschedule dates.
For DMER CAP round and Institutional quota admissions, fees to be paid at the time of admission.
For DMER CAP round students, fees are payable by A/c payee Demand Draft drawn in favor of K.J. Somaiya College of Physiotherapy, payable at Mumbai.
For Institutional quota students, fees are payable by NEFT.
Fees for consecutive academic year to be paid before the commencement of classes for that year.
Disclaimer : K.J.Somaiya College of Physiotherapy does not have any agents, representatives, liason/admission offices other than the institute’s office at Sion, Mumbai. Candidates are requested not to depend upon or deal with any person or organisation/s claiming to be associated with the institute’s activities or claiming to help with admission. The institute will not be held responsible for the same. The institute does not have any branches.
Passed Diploma course in Engineering and Technology with at least 45% marks
(40% marks in case of candidate belonging to backward class categories and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only)
in appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology from an AICTE approved or Central or State Government approved Institution or its equivalent.
Passed B.Sc. Degree from a Recognised University as defined by UGC and obtained at least 45 % marks
(at least 40% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only)
and passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject. Provided that such student belonging to this category shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Program along with the Second Year Subjects.
For All India Candidates, Eligibility Criteria will be as per the rules mentioned in Gazette No. Part -4 B, 19 May 2018 issued by Govt of Maharashtra.
- Candidate to pass 12th with PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and NEET.
- DMER will put up list of selected candidates for all colleges.
- Completion of college application form, scrutiny of documents and admission of student as per list of DMER.
- If any student cancels admission, he/she has to fill the cancellation form and the same is to be submitted to DMER by email as well as hard copy.
- Cancellation fees to be collected from candidate as per DMER brochure.
- Status retention forms to be taken from all the admitted students.
Admission process for Institutional Quota (Including NRI)
- Institute will publish advertisement in the newspaper & invite applications from interested candidates for Institutional Quota (including NRI).
- Interested candidates will collect the application form by paying requisite form fee.
- Submission of duly filled up Application form along with required documents.
- Admission Committee will scrutinize the documents thoroughly as per the norms. (First preference will be given to NRI quota & then to Institutional quota).
- Eligible candidates will be selected based on their merit & final list will be displayed on College notice board as well as on College website. Selected candidates will be given admission.
|Branch||Sanctioned Intake||No. of Seats for Direct Second Year (10% of Sanctioned Intake)|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||120||12|
Important Note: Actual vacant seats for DSE admission will be confirmed after declaration of the First Year result.
The Fees payable on admission to the College for Direct Second Year Engineering Degree Course will be charged as per the decision of Fees Regulating Authority.
For SC / ST / VJ DT / NT1/ NT2 /NT 3 / OBC / SBC / ESBC candidates, fee concession will be given as per government rules.
|Course||Tuition + Development Fees*||Other Fees Approx|
|Computer Engineering||Rs. 1,28,000/-||Rs. 5,400 **|
|Information Technology||Rs. 1,28,000/-||Rs. 5,400 **|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||Rs. 1,28,000/-||Rs. 5,400 **|
|Electronics Engineering||Rs. 1,28,000/-||Rs. 5,400 **|
Things to remember:
Likely to be revised by Fee Regulating Authority and will be informed to the students accordingly.
In addition to the Tuition fees and development fees mentioned above, each admitted candidate will be required to pay other fees which includes the below:
University Enrolment fee, E-Charges, Disaster Relief Fund, Students Insurance, Amartya Insurance, Sports &Cultural Activities, Cultural Activities Fund, Gymkhana Fees, Exam Fees, College I-card & Library Card charges etc. as applicable.
- Candidate should submit the duly completed admission forms after the allotment of the seat.
- The Candidate must submit a certificate of medical fitness signed by the Medical Authority prescribed by the college, in the specified format which will be made available to the candidate.
Documents Checklist for the Direct Second Year Engineering
One true copy of required documents must be submitted at the time of submitting application form
Candidate must bring original for verification at the time of submission of printed application form.
Three sets of true copies along with originals of required documents must be submitted at the time of confirming admission.
For all candidates:
- SSC (Std X) Mark sheet
- HSC (Std XII) Mark sheet
(if diploma passed after HSC)
- Diploma All Semester Mark sheets
- Diploma Provisional certificate
- Equivalence certificate (if passed from autonomous institute)
- School Leaving Certificate after passing Diploma
- Certificate of Indian Nationality
- Migration Certificate
- Gap affidavit
(If Year of passing Diploma before 2018 10) True copy of Aadhar card (at the time of admission)
For candidates admitted through CAP:
- CAP Allotment letter ( at the time of admission )
- Receipt-cum Acknowledgement from FC / ARC ( at the time of admission ) In addition to the above mentioned documents, the candidates admitted under different categories in CAP rounds are required to submit documents as mentioned in information brochure issued by competent authority.
For All India ( JEE Main 2018 Paper-I ) Candidates:
- Scorecard of JEE (Main) 2019 Paper-I
For NT1, NT2, OBC & SBC Candidates:
- Caste Certificate from competent Authority
- Non-creamy layer certificate valid up to 31st March, 2020.
- Caste Validity Certificate (Compulsory as per notification received from Govt of Maharashtra)
- Income Certificate issued by competent authority
- Ration Card
- Bank Account Details
For Gujarati Linguistic Minority Candidates:
- School Leaving Certificate mentioning Gujarati Language as mother tongue.
- Certificate issued by registered community regarding mother tongue of the candidate.
- Affidavit on stamp paper of Rs. 100 /- in prescribed format ( Available on college website )
- Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra State ( or documents specified for Maharashtra State Type A or Type B candidate )